P&R Photos - CRI
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.

If you're trying to register on the board or you have a friend that is trying to register and they just can't seem to be able to get approved, please contact us. Send an email to andrew@p-rphotos.com,
or call the office at 803-329-7557 (ask for Andrew). I'm in the office Mon–Thurs 8am – 5pm. In most cases, it will only take two minutes to get your account approved.
If you send an email, please include your username and password. We apologize for the inconvenience.

January 18, 2018, 08:37:21 AM
News:

Poll

Question: what u racers want claim rule or engine tech $100 and $30 acceptetce  (Voting closed: January 26, 2015, 09:06:36 AM)

• claim
    - 5 (41.7%)
    tech
    - 7 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: predators tech for upstate dirt series  (Read 7474 times)

Need input

---------------------------
David Alewine

Are you not going to be running under SPG Rules?

"if it ain't WHITE, it ain't RIGHT!"
Edited, deleted..  maybe in another thread. :)     I don't like the "protest style claim, where; (you can only claim the kart that finished directly infront of you.)  let 12th, claim the 1st place motor if they want to.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:56:12 AM by Sticky-J »

Travis White #23
http://www.reverbnation.com/harmdivision
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

Gerald we using spg engine rules but as the claim rule may be change. I have had lots of request for tech of the engines instead of claim.I seen engine prices online $500 for spg engine if they spend that money it crazy to see engines get claim.

David Alewine

ive seen them at that price also, but that's also without the flywheel. $600 with.  But I want to point out, that the whole reason the class was introduced was to keep the money out of it/ you out of it(engine builders)/ no offence.     the claim started at 150, grew to what 200,  could be 300+ depending on what tracks do with the flywheel rule for 2015 and how much its raised since it creeps up every year.

this is the same thing that happened to the clone. no-one wanted to enforce the claim cause people would loose money,

if someone wants to be a dumbass, and pay 2x what they will get back when they get claimed. by all means, let them be a dumbass.   

IMO the claim was the #1 rule to make this class work.   
not hating on the Enginebuilders, you guys can charge what ever you want for your time and knowledge.

Travis White #23
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

I agree travis, jmo i think the claim should go back to $150.00 and if they want to spend 500 on a motor that i can buy for 150.00 then thats up to them but don't go crying when i want to claim it. But thats why i want them to hurry up and post the rules for 2015 because i got in this class for a low budget class but if i am going to have to spend 500.00 on a predator then i'm out, i'm not going to do it.

Danny Bishop
 Zooom parts for karts

Thought that was the whole point of the class to keep Money out. 

Guys I understand what our saying but people with money always comes in and hurt the class.

David Alewine

How do u think the rules was wrote by an engine builder that put all time in the rule packages .if it was me they all would be out of the box .jmo

David Alewine

Just stay wit the Spg rules its in print,  do a either on the claim with aftermarket or not.

But the promoters are the ones that let it get out of hand because they cater to the big money guys.Go back to the spg rules that where in place in 2012 and go by them and if people dont like them they dont have to run this class. jmo.  Everyone keeps saying how the kart counts are down at the local tracks but they are the ones that keep running the low budget guys out of racing.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 07:34:07 PM by dannybishop34 »

Danny Bishop
 Zooom parts for karts

Go back to no cash payout and watch all the big money people leave that class. Start racing for trophies and gate passes. Problem solved cheap fun class

2012, did that allow port an polishing? in a way, I think less rules and a better way to enforce the claim would be better. tighter tolerances and more rules make the diy guy trying to figure out some of the stuff.. ie helps bring more business to the builder. 

with less rules and a enforced claim rule. I really don't think a engine builder could compete, or have returning costumers week after week, unless the customer just has money like that..  or the builder is running their self.. 

id "think" id like to see this"   

meth, or open fuel.
212 stock style clonecarb
billet flywheel
open springs
billet rod. or not an delete cost from claim
black mamba cam.  cause its around $50, instead of $100
add it up and put $50- $100 for labor costs for the racer, make that the claim price. ect
Or something like that.
on EL's

Im just saying if it went to $300 on the claim because of the flywheel.. I say no rules..  but the claim.. but that's JMO.

just think of the lap times,

Travis White #23
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

the flywheel claim throws a monkey wrench in the deal anyway. if you had the billet Flywheel, and someone claimed. buy they only had 200 for the claim. so Did they loose their 30 acceptance fee. if you kept the flywheel on the claim, let them get just the motor, whats to say they even have the same model when you go get a new one.

Travis White #23
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

So if we go with no entry fee and race for fun in predator everyone be happy the predator.class is entry fee and prizes and 100% pay back at our race.

David Alewine

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u January 18, 2018, 08:37:21 AM