P&R Photos - CRI
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.

If you're trying to register on the board or you have a friend that is trying to register and they just can't seem to be able to get approved, please contact us. Send an email to andrew@p-rphotos.com,
or call the office at 803-329-7557 (ask for Andrew). I'm in the office Mon–Thurs 8am – 5pm. In most cases, it will only take two minutes to get your account approved.
If you send an email, please include your username and password. We apologize for the inconvenience.

January 18, 2018, 08:35:47 AM
News:

Poll

Question: Who would like to run an OUT OF THE BOX CLASS ???

• Out of the Box rules (like Hanging Rock has)
    - 15 (78.9%)
    Deal with ongoing rule changes
    - 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Predator Racers - present and future  (Read 20021 times)

Who would like to run an out of the box PREDATOR CLASS. And keep gear rule and EL's. And the tracks that run Predators now,which ones would be willing to do this? Just seeing and letting tracks around us know who all is intersted in doing this. Since rules keep changing. JMO Thanks

---------------------------
Brian Robinette - Ultramax Racing Chassis - Team Medlin Motorsports - Team CRE Motorsports & Racing Engines " If everything seem under control, your just not going fast enough" "2012 Stock Lite Champion" "2013 Stock Lite Champion" " 2015 Green Plate Champion "

I'm  all for it. i hear now they are going to make us start using a $100.00 billit fly wheel to put more money in the predator motors, thinking about selling out my self.

Danny Bishop
 Zooom parts for karts

Group: Administrator

I think this is a great idea.  The predator is becoming the new box stox.  This is the same road the box stock went down and look where it is now!!!  MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!   Keep it simple stupid.  Run it as is, out of the box is the best idea.

Rapien Race Solutions
Tony Rapien
Driver: Dominique Rapien
2013 Big "3" Jr Sportsman Champ Champion
2012 Sugar tit Jr Sportsman Champ Champion
Millenium Racing Chassis
HiTech Racing
KSR
BKP

Great idea. I'd run hanging rock over local tracks because of this if it were only a little closer. I'm not happy with the way predators are evolving since first reading the rules and purchasing what I was told I needed only to have it evolve and change.

Shannon Boiter

I thank that is a good idea.

Tyler Abernathy
CUZ Racing Engines

"if it ain't WHITE, it ain't RIGHT!"
It would bring more people to the sport that way. 

Hanging Rock said they have a different winner every week.

only problem I can see with this is, what are tracks going to do with 30-50 entrys? consi race? 

Travis White #23
http://www.reverbnation.com/harmdivision
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

Biggest question is ! Which track in the upstate will be the first to make their announcement about running OUT OF THE BOX PREDATOR ??? Who's it gonna be - TRACK PROMOTERS ?

Brian Robinette - Ultramax Racing Chassis - Team Medlin Motorsports - Team CRE Motorsports & Racing Engines " If everything seem under control, your just not going fast enough" "2012 Stock Lite Champion" "2013 Stock Lite Champion" " 2015 Green Plate Champion "

Quote from: Sticky-J

only problem I can see with this is, what are tracks going to do with 30-50 entrys? consi race?
[/quote
.                                                                                                                                                                   I guess if that problem occurs. The tracks/promoters in the upstate are very capable of handling those type situations.

Guys, I guess I would give it a try but running the govoner would absolutely kill me. There is never anybody willing to run 450 or higher with me and to have to drop down that low on RPM would end my predator career. For the sake of being a good sport and trying to be supportive of different ideas I would give it a try lord knows we have enough of them. I have tried running low RPM and it just does not work fo me. I am still trying to figure out what was wrong with the 2012 rules. .615 carb small pipe and anything else goes. Just be ready to loose it for then 150 bucks. Enough said. Guess what everybody you were even allowed to run billet flywheels if you wanted before it was such  a BIG SAFETY concern. I think the biggest problem that this class faces is that the people making the rules have placed too many clone rules in the mix. There really is no difference between them anymore. Just my opinion and I know that know body really cares wht I have to say but I have been on board with the predator class since the very first race back in 2012 and have been one of it's biggest supporters over the last couple years. I have also got to say that there were no real problems with this class at all until people started throwing money into the pot  I have also watched people that used to say they were only in this class for the fun turn into some of the biggest whiners and complainers at the track. People just needto lighten up and let it all go and just have some fun.

Id run it, Stock out the box $125 buy rule and all $125 goes to person getting bought

Jeremy Hudson
2013-2014 Harris winternations predator 425 points champion

Hudson Motors 864-461-2615
Phantom Racing chassis

Im interested in trying it out

"the equality of these engines really showed when we traded the pole sitting karts engine , which was about 3 tenths faster than anyone else , with the fifth place qualifier. To our surprise , he still won and not only that he still was a clear 3 tenths faster with the other engine. I do not know about you , but I raced for 20 years and this is unheard of in karting.In every engine class i have ever seen , if you did that , the racer would have moaned and groaned and loaded up. Not here , he gave his up and bolted on the other guys and went out and proved the skills of his team were the difference in this race."- hanging rock

Would this be a rule? Is this a claim or a swap for the night? What would the cost be? This would prove if it is the tires that make the front runners so fast.

Allen Wilson

John Wilson #83
PeeWee Driver

Does any one else remember the 2012 rules and how they said these rules would never change? How Quick they forget when there is money involved.

Danny Bishop
 Zooom parts for karts

Guys, I guess I would give it a try but running the govoner would absolutely kill me. There is never anybody willing to run 450 or higher with me and to have to drop down that low on RPM would end my predator career. For the sake of being a good sport and trying to be supportive of different ideas I would give it a try lord knows we have enough of them. I have tried running low RPM and it just does not work fo me. I am still trying to figure out what was wrong with the 2012 rules. .615 carb small pipe and anything else goes. Just be ready to loose it for then 150 bucks. .

Im not sure where the Gov kicks in, 5200 5400?  last time out I only turned around 4800 with the NEW gear rules. 
whats the limit on the gov? free spinning on a stand?

The problem with the claim rule is its not working. People are spending $350-$500 on motors from builders. I know some of the front runners have refused the claim. maybe if I put that much money in mine I wouldn't want to loose mine either. especially if a big series race is the next day or the following weekend. 

The Promoters are going to be a little hesitant about stepping out and changing the class. Because some people have a lot of money tied up in their motors. But that is the point, they shouldn't have put a lot of money into this class,ie motor, because that was the whole purpose the class was started for right? phase it out. let them run the rest of the Big3 Series as SPG.  If I had a Bridgeport, or $400 in my $175 claim motor my opinion may be different. 

one last thing. glad your alright man, I saw that flip you did coming out of turn 2, that was some wicked ####.   

Travis White #23
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

To keep the claimer rule in check. the sign in sheet should also include a bill of sale, signed and witnessed. when you go across the scale, and  you want to buy a motor. you hand over the cash, you get a receipt, and bill of sale.  like the new cigarette comercials say. "when I say fork it over you fork it over"   im just kidding, but seriously.  that's almost where were at.    ok, I went to far. and must stop now.     
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:56:49 PM by Sticky-J »

Travis White #23
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
« previous next »

Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u January 18, 2018, 08:35:47 AM