P&R Photos - CRI
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.

If you're trying to register on the board or you have a friend that is trying to register and they just can't seem to be able to get approved, please contact us. Send an email to andrew@p-rphotos.com,
or call the office at 803-329-7557 (ask for Andrew). I'm in the office Mon–Thurs 8am – 5pm. In most cases, it will only take two minutes to get your account approved.
If you send an email, please include your username and password. We apologize for the inconvenience.

January 18, 2018, 08:36:34 AM
News:

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PRO Predator Class?  (Read 7657 times)

"if it ain't WHITE, it ain't RIGHT!"
We had a thread going awhile back about a OHV class, Running on meth.  Maybe keep the el tires for most events, and have a few open tire races..

212 Or 196 Clone
 390gx carbs on Meth
allow arc rod.
Billet flywheel
big pipe
Stock size valves (?) or easiest size upgrade S.S.
Port Mods allowed, ports and improvements
stock bore
stock stroke
better springs
 ratio ratio rockers.

These are just a feew ideas.  don't want to go broke building a motor. But as much as we're spending on motors anyway. as far as HP goes. I don't think it would do bad for around a $400 build
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:20:44 PM by Sticky-J »

---------------------------
Travis White #23
http://www.reverbnation.com/harmdivision
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

Group: Administrator

I dont have a dog in this fight but I would for sure not use the predator engine.  I think that is pushing that engine in the same direction the Box Stock went.  4 Years ago the BS was in the same place the predator is.  $200 claim fee and suppose to be stock.  Now look at it, they are topping the charts at $1000 for an engine.  We dont need that in my opinion.  I personally think we are getting to many classes already.  Many places have issue getting more than 5 karts in each class because there area so many classes.  I think the kids classes should be broke up by age and the adults by weight and keep no more than 2 engines plus a hobby class.  Which to me is what the predator class is.  Thats the guys that are out there haveing fun not spending a ton on the engine and chassis.  JMHO

By the way I am guilty of the same thing.  Just a month ago I told someone I thought it would be cool to see the winged champs with Limited engines.  Something with wicked horse power.  But this is not really what our sport needs.

Rapien Race Solutions
Tony Rapien
Driver: Dominique Rapien
2013 Big "3" Jr Sportsman Champ Champion
2012 Sugar tit Jr Sportsman Champ Champion
Millenium Racing Chassis
HiTech Racing
KSR
BKP

2nd place is the first loser
I agree with to many classes already!!!!! If anything have one r to more weight classes on the prediter class a 350 deffinetly

Duck West
2014 PREDATOR 350 & 375 shrine race winner
2014 Big 3 Predator 375 & 425 Champion
West Racing #32,#10,#33
Lo-Tech Racing Engines
 Millennium Racing Chassis
Bailey Boyz Kart Shop
Axels Plus Racing
SideWayz
Abstract Innovations
Chavos racing product's
Like me hate me idgaf I'm here to win

They will be runnin a 350 class at foothills this year for predator

Dwyane Jones

Im not talking about another putting around at 10-13hp class. Im talking about running methanol. 15-19hp.  and around the same cost as boxstock. I agree we have to many classes already. I wasn't around to voice my opinion through the years as boxstock became what it is, I'm just sayin, its just dumb to run pump gas when we have a source for methanol. 

with the same engine, tires, ect.. 
anyone have imput on a laptime difference from just a fuel an jet change. gas to meth

Travis White #23
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

Bounty Hunter Racing
Why not just change the carb to a tilly and you have a limited. I would love to see more limited races.

Keith D Carpenter
Bounty Hunter Engines

It's going to be another bs situation for the predator class. I got out of racing because of the always rising cost.

With the predator class being introduced I made the choice the spend all of this money to start racing again.its going to piss a lot of people off that will quit over the predator class turning into what it is turning into.

Many many people started racing because of this class, keep it basic to continue to provide racers with a low cost option  to have fun. There are several other classes a racer can race in.

Predator should not be evolving into big money engines nor should a person have to hire an engine builder but that's what it takes to win ALREADY.

Jmo

Shannon Boiter

Thats also pump gas 2.19 a gallon vs 5 5.50 a gallon ill quit if that happens like the bsp stuff again

Duck West
West Racing #32,#10,#33
Lo-Tech Racing Engines
Bailey Boyz Kart Shop
Axels Plus Racing
SideWayz
Abstract Innovations
Chavos racing product's

I would like to know where gas 2.19 a gallon i need to get some of it

I AGREE THE ONLY REASON I,M BACK IN RACING IS THE LOW COST OF THE PREDATOR CLASS TO WHERE SOMEONE ON A LOW BUDGET CAN HAVE A LITTLE FUN BUT I CAN SEE THE COST TO RUN THIS CLASS ALREADY GOING UP AND JMO BUT IF YOU WANT TO RUN A CLASS WITH MORE HP AND SPEED THEN GET A BOX STOCK AND LEAVE THE PREDATOR CLASS ALONE AND I THINK THE TRACKS SHOULD JUST STAY WITH A 375 AND 425 CLASS BUT THATS JMO.

Danny Bishop
 Zooom parts for karts

In woodruff at landmark lol i just filled up wensday lol

Duck West
West Racing #32,#10,#33
Lo-Tech Racing Engines
Bailey Boyz Kart Shop
Axels Plus Racing
SideWayz
Abstract Innovations
Chavos racing product's

My fault typeo lol 3.19 i ment

Duck West
West Racing #32,#10,#33
Lo-Tech Racing Engines
Bailey Boyz Kart Shop
Axels Plus Racing
SideWayz
Abstract Innovations
Chavos racing product's

The SPG committee has no desire or intention of changing anything in the SPG rules. Why try to fix something that is not broken? The SPG classes are on track and experiencing rapid growth. We are watching these classes very closely and every effort will be made to keep them fun and affordable. There are no current plans to introduce anymore predator based classes.

We hope to have the rules back up this week.

Thank You,
Southeastern Predator Group
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:59:00 PM by SPG »

Southeastern Predator Group
southeasternpredatorgroup@yahoo.com

If anything I'd like a stock out of the box class for predator. Put gas and oil in it and go.

Predator classes are doing good. This post was not intended to bring any kind of movement to change SPG rules. 

However, I do feel like their is a need for a OHV Limited style format motor.  For the people saying "just run boxstock" your not reading.

Most tracks will run a class with 3 or more karts. So I'm not asking for the committee's approval. Helpful input is welcomed.

Bottom line is one of these 20HP motors screaming at 7000+ rpms around the track will silence the na-sayers. 

Travis White #23
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u January 18, 2018, 08:36:34 AM