P&R Photos - CRI
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.

If you're trying to register on the board or you have a friend that is trying to register and they just can't seem to be able to get approved, please contact us. Send an email to andrew@p-rphotos.com,
or call the office at 803-329-7557 (ask for Andrew). I'm in the office Mon–Thurs 8am – 5pm. In most cases, it will only take two minutes to get your account approved.
If you send an email, please include your username and password. We apologize for the inconvenience.

January 17, 2018, 12:49:15 PM
News:

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PREDATOR QUESTION  (Read 5658 times)

I was dq in the heat of spg 375 due to my air box not having a hole in rear plugged
its a hemi but it came from factory this way and no were in rules does it say need to have plugged
only thing plugged per rules is vent tube to run fuel pump am i reading rules wrong or are they
being made up as they go ????

---------------------------
ERIK SWEET

No the rules aren't made up as they go. I have the holes plugged in my airbox, and have no trouble. May I ask what track you where at. You can send it to me in a pm if you like.

Alan Auten

Off of SPG rules. -  Tank vent tube may be disconnected and fuel cap fixed to vent. However if you unhook it you must plug the hose that runs to the air box.

Brian Robinette - Ultramax Racing Chassis - Team Medlin Motorsports - Team CRE Motorsports & Racing Engines " If everything seem under control, your just not going fast enough" "2012 Stock Lite Champion" "2013 Stock Lite Champion" " 2015 Green Plate Champion "

But what he is referring to is the hole in the bottom of the air box that comes factory open and not plugged.
Doesn't state anywhere in the rules that the hole in the bottom of the air box  is supposed to be plugged.

REECE RACING #5

Cody is right my vent tube was plugged it was the hole in the bottom of the hemi airbox that was not plugged
it has been checked numerous times before and never said anything but all of a sudden now it aint legal

ERIK SWEET

Eric this call was made to the fact that I personally was DQ'd at a race for the same item, that I won. It was made very clear to me that All wholes had to be plunged. I have Personally pluged every engine from that day on. If there is any clarification that can be done on this topic, I would like to know it Myself.

we are just trying to figure out where this is stated as a rule. cause the spg rules clearly doesn't state anything pertaining to that hole in the air box.

REECE RACING #5

and also to prevent from getting dq'ed again just as a precaution

REECE RACING #5

Your source for Moree Kings Tires & Outlaw wheels.
The intent of the rules is to prevent air from entering the air box anywhere but through the air filter. If I am correct the hole you are referring to is the metal lined bolt hole that is used to attach the box to the lever assembly. This hole does not have to be plugged as it does not allow extra air to enter the box. Any air that flows through this hole still has to pass through the air filter to enter the engine. On the hemi air box there is only one hole that has to be plugged and that is the line going to the fuel tank. The valve cover line must be connected as per factory configuration. There are no other holes that admit air to the post filter areas of the box. 

Bennie W Brown
B & M Karting on facebook.com

I ask Why was I told all wholes had to be plunged?  If the intent of the rules is like you say why would you not have all wholes plunged?   Also Who is the final say on this topic, Goob or?

I feel who ever it is that runs the "spg" should state it in the rules if it is now a rule. Or chime in and inform us all so we know.

REECE RACING #5

Sorry to stir a mess i was not trying to do so because the hole in question has no gain or loss of hp
just wandering what will change next so i can prepare for it 

ERIK SWEET

To clarify the rules, air may only enter the engine through the air filter. There are only 2 holes in the air box through which the engine could receive un-filtered air, one is the valve cover vent tube which must be attached in factory configuration. The other access point is the fuel tank vent tube which must be plugged if it is disconnected from the fuel tank. There are no other holes that could supply extra unfiltered air to the engine. The bolt hole in question is open from the factory and provides no performance gain. Air entering the upper airbox through this hole still must pass through the filter to reach the engine.

Therefore the bolt hole may be plugged or left open. It has no bearing on engine performance and is not a tech item other than as, being part of the air box' it must remain as factory produced.

Thank You, SPG

Southeastern Predator Group
southeasternpredatorgroup@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info. 

thank you for the information.

REECE RACING #5

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u January 17, 2018, 12:49:15 PM