P&R Photos - CRI
Home Help Search Login Register
Welcome,Guest. Please login or register.

If you're trying to register on the board or you have a friend that is trying to register and they just can't seem to be able to get approved, please contact us. Send an email to andrew@p-rphotos.com,
or call the office at 803-329-7557 (ask for Andrew). I'm in the office Mon–Thurs 8am – 5pm. In most cases, it will only take two minutes to get your account approved.
If you send an email, please include your username and password. We apologize for the inconvenience.

January 18, 2018, 08:36:18 AM
News:

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Attention: SPG Predator rules update  (Read 8626 times)

Due to potential safety concerns the following updates are effective immediately. Sept. 17, 2014

FLYWHEEL: Billet Aluminum flywheels are mandatory for all SPG classes. For the #69730 the only approved flywheel is the ARC #6625. For the Hemi #60363 the only approved flywheel is the ARC #6626. These are the only flywheels approved for use at this time. No alterations to flywheel allowed. Timing is non tech.

Check  with your local track for specific implementation details .

Change Engine Protest to:

ENGINE PROTEST: Protest fee $100 ... acceptance fee $30
Any participant may protest the engine of the kart(s) finishing in front of them, but no "jumping" of positions allowed. Protest must be filed by the driver of the kart before his kart leaves the scale. Once a verbal protest has been filed, the protest cannot be withdrawn without forfeiture of any submitted fees and immediate disqualification for all predator classes in which the competitor is entered. Protested engines may be marked or impounded, at the tracks discretion, until the completion of the event.

Change Engine Claim to:

ENGINE CLAIM: Engine claim fee $300 ... acceptance fee $30.
Any competitor entered in the class and finishing the race, may claim an engine finishing in any position in front of them. Engines may be claimed only at the completion of main event for each weight class. Claim must be filed by the driver of the kart before his kart leaves the scale. In the case of more than one claim on the same engine, the highest finishing position will have priority. No multiple engine claims allowed.... only one claim per driver /kart /class/event. Once a verbal claim has been filed, the claim cannot be withdrawn without forfeiture of any submitted fees and immediate disqualification for all predator classes in which the competitor is entered.

Thank You
Southeastern Predator Group
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:19:17 PM by SPG »

---------------------------
Southeastern Predator Group
southeasternpredatorgroup@yahoo.com

AND HERE WE GO

Sugar tit predator rules will stay the same the only change will be the verbal claim rule.

Goob Waddell
Sugartit Speedway
710 Burns Road
Greer, SC  29651
864-415-8322

I think Dixie Karting has a good supply.

Buckcreek Speedway rules will stay the same with verbal claim being the only change.

Robert Woods

OK FOOTHILLS?

FASTASYOUANDTHENSOME23

Yall can have the SPG class , im going to buckcreek to the charger class for 1/2 the  price and just as fast lap times

Jeremy Hudson
2013-2014 Harris winternations predator 425 points champion

Hudson Motors 864-461-2615
Phantom Racing chassis

Foothills will not change its existing rules. We will keep the current rules "as is". This rule was made without our knowledge and will not be endorsed. So dont panic, it will no be enforced.

Brad Bracken

KOOL,THANKS BRAD

FASTASYOUANDTHENSOME23

It was just a one person meeting and they voted YES for flywheels. $$$$$.  And I'm glad to see the tracks speaking up. So what are they going to do with the truck load of flywheels sitting in the warehouse.

Brian Robinette - Ultramax Racing Chassis - Team Medlin Motorsports - Team CRE Motorsports & Racing Engines " If everything seem under control, your just not going fast enough" "2012 Stock Lite Champion" "2013 Stock Lite Champion" " 2015 Green Plate Champion "

"if it ain't WHITE, it ain't RIGHT!"
Yall can have the SPG class , im going to buckcreek to the charger class for 1/2 the  price and just as fast lap times

Add big pipe an muffler $100, adapter filter $40,   add $5 to the entry fee. and Im going to assume that the claim rule Buckcreek has made will be the same. ie can only claim kart ahead of you, so a last place driver cant claim 1st place. not to mention that "cost" and learning curve of rejetting for 212.  How is that cheaper?

Also, why have a big pipe, and make a ceramic pipe Illegal? Is it because the rulemakers don't have one and don't want to buy one so. just make it illegal, if im going to spend on a new pipe, I would want the choice of the best pipe at the time, not down grade. JMO

IF you want to talk about lap times, add the flywheel. no tech $300 claim. and see where they are.   I do think the claim penalty is a good idea to keep the claim enforced.    money races would be a problem with the $300 no tech

Travis White #23
http://www.reverbnation.com/harmdivision
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

"if it ain't WHITE, it ain't RIGHT!"
So are Flywheels Optional now? :)  " with a surprise Suprize (gomerpile voice) Shazam  add a $100, for the claimer."   

BTW,  Dixie Karting does not carry Predator Parts last time I checked.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:15:02 PM by Sticky-J »

Travis White #23
http://www.reverbnation.com/harmdivision
Pearson Competition
Circle-Pit Racing
WPRE

thanks goob and brad for taking up for the racers

2nd place is the first loser
^^^^^ agreed thanks brad, goon, and Robert! I kinda figured it was a one person committee who also could benefit from parts etc. That was my whole point I've been trying to make that everybody has gotton pissed off about.

Duck West
2014 PREDATOR 350 & 375 shrine race winner
2014 Big 3 Predator 375 & 425 Champion
West Racing #32,#10,#33
Lo-Tech Racing Engines
 Millennium Racing Chassis
Bailey Boyz Kart Shop
Axels Plus Racing
SideWayz
Abstract Innovations
Chavos racing product's
Like me hate me idgaf I'm here to win

This is a bunch of bull. I thought the conception of this class was to keep cost down, not increase it. I know that the idea of the flywheel change was in the name of " safety", but it really about money. Who or what comity put this to a vote and what are they getting out of it.
Who someone please explain this so we could all know.

I just looked and both flywheel are 100. So what's next?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:20:01 PM by krtrcn »

Alan Auten

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

Theme © PopularFX | Based on PFX Ideas! | Scripts from iScript4u January 18, 2018, 08:36:18 AM